Whether you’re a first time leader or have years of experience, improving your mentoring skills is essential. As a manager you have an opportunity and responsibility to guide others toward effective solutions to the challenges they face. Having the guidance, encouragement, and support of a trusted and experienced mentor can provide a mentee with a broad range of personal and professional benefits, which ultimately lead to improved performance in the workplace.
Mentorship Essential Qualities
Comprehend the 3 C’s of mentorship: clarity, communication & commitment.
Focus on the transfer of knowledge, it becomes a way to give employees the hard skills they need to succeed in their current roles.
Social Capital Investment
Understand the power of mentoring on the whole population, because mentorship is an on going positive trust based connection of support and guidance.
Understand how your EI impacts your behavior and influences how you deal with others as a mentor.
Constructive Feedback From A Mentor
Know how to give a constructive feedback as a mentor, it is the mentor's responsibility to give mentee feedback to move forward in his or her career.
Program Topics Covered
- Recent researches on behavioral change and learning (F rom fear based learning to insight based learning)
- Breaking the myth of inconvenience (5 myths of inconvenience)
- How humans learn about themselves (Meaning-making machine)
- The three major motivators of high performance by Daniel Pink
- Emotional intelligence as key competency for mentorship
- Handling emotional triggers
- Knowhow to shifting your emotions (Conversation intentions, emotional intentions, highest regards)
- Mentor essential qualities
- Mentoring styles (Myburgh)
- How do you listen to what they say? (Process and Flaws)
- Listening to your three centers in conversations (Head, heart, gut)
- Knowledge Management (Transmission & Absorption)
- Modes of Knowledge transfer via mentoring
- AID Feedback model (Action, Impact, Desired outcome)